HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Sepsis Coordinator FT in Macon, Georgia
Coliseum Medical Center is a 310 bed facility in Macon, GA. Coliseum is offering a 24-hour emergency room with specialized pediatric care, inpatient and outpatient surgery options, rehabilitation programs, behavioral health and diagnostic services. In addition, CMC’s breadth of care options includes specialty facilities such as the Coliseum Heart Institute, an advanced cardiac center offering all services from non-invasive cardiology to open heart surgery, Coliseum Rehabilitation Center, Coliseum Robotics Institute, Coliseum Cancer Institute, and the Family Ties Birthing Center (which includes a level III neonatal nursery). Additionally, the Coliseum Center for Behavioral Health, located on the campus of Coliseum Medical Centers, provides treatment to adults with psychiatric and addiction issues. The services provided include inpatient and outpatient programs, as well as a specialty program for senior adults.
Coliseum Medical Center offers the following: Wonderful culture, competitive salaries, relocation bonuses, exceptional benefits including 401K, career advancement, tuition reimbursement, peer mentoring opportunities, family Days with coworkers and their families, community events and charitable fundraiser and the opportunity to work with one of the largest Healthcare Corporations in the world - HCA
The Registered Nurse (RN) / Respiratory Therapist - Sepsis Coordinator works in collaboration with the medical and hospital staff to ensure interdisciplinary provision of evidenced based guidelines care to septic patients. The Registered Nurse (RN) / Respiratory Therapist Sepsis Coordinator provides professional expertise in the analysis and improvement of care for patients with sepsis/septic shock and functions as a performance management and improvement educator and coach for hospital and medical staff to ensure optimal care management and outcomes. The Sepsis Coordinator collects, analyzes data and improves processes and outcomes, as prioritized. Maintains and refines a sepsis protocol utilizing evidenced based medicine to meet standard of care. This position identifies best practices and promotes utilization of such within the organization.
Must have the ability to express ideas by means of the spoken word to others accurately, efficiently and effectively.
Considers age and physical status of patients to determine treatment requirements.
Participates in in-services and meetings, as needed, to educate and brief staff.
Serves as a subject specific resource for direct caregivers.
Monitors quality of care and seeks opportunity to make improvements.
Leads and participates in committees, workgroups and forums as necessary.
Demonstrates organizational ability and sound judgment.
Data abstraction from medical record; analysis of information.
Initiates performance improvement for processes and outcomes, as appropriate.
Coordinates survey preparation activities for the Sepsis Program (TJC Certification).
Integrates Sepsis Program into overall Quality Management and Clinical Programs throughout the facility.
Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
Regular, punctual and dependable attendance per policy.
Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate of Nursing or Respiratory Science Program required; Bachelor degree preferred.
- Current RN or respiratory therapy licensure by the State of Georgia or an Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) required
- BLS required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
Two or more years of hospital clinical experience required; Emergency Department or Quality Management experience preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Good command of medical terminology.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform the technical skills and critical thinking associated with clinical data abstraction, analysis and improvement.
- Ability to interpret and apply strict measure definitions in the abstraction of a medical record.
- Ability to analyze data to identify improvement opportunities.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Meticulous attention to detail in data collection.
- Good interpersonal skills and a diplomatic demeanor to encourage teamwork and process improvement.
- Strong communication skills in both written and oral format.
- Ability to cope with death and dying.
- Ability to assist in directing the clinical care of a septic patient according to protocol / guidelines.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Computer skills – ability to compile and produce reports and minutes; knowledge of Excel and Office software.
- Knowledge of Performance Improvement methodology.
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Sepsis Coordinator FT
Location: Georgia-Macon-Coliseum Northside-Macon
Requisition ID: 08165-10480