Macy's Staff Test Automation Engineer in Johns Creek, Georgia
* Job Overview: *
This job function is responsible for applying expertise in tools and methodologies to develop the requirements, procedures and guidelines for the automation testing efforts of all technical applications and systems prior to deployment to ensure they are performing according to specifications and free of errors. This includes defining the automation test plan and strategy, testing environment, scenarios, creating/modifying scripts and data required, executing tests, and reporting on findings. Positions in this function are also responsible for organizing the resources necessary to prepare and execute tests and reporting back to the development team on issues to be addressed as required. This may include designing, developing, testing, installing and deploying the required software application, automation of testing processes, and the identification and management of testing tools and standards. Provide strategic QA leadership within and across FOBs.
Establish automation metrics, proposes and develops standard automation test methods, mentors team members and manages outside resources as wells as developing automation test programs. Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions: *
• Lead the automation testing efforts in highly complex, multi-platform environments; including “hands on” development of the most complex, technical portions of the Automation Framework and participate in the development of the Automation Strategic Roadmap. • Act as key point of contact for assigned automation aspects of releases and assist other Automation Engineers with technical issues they encounter. • Demonstrate favorable results through regular leadership and influencing others. • Design, develop, implement and maintain test automation framework/scripts. • Setup, configure, and maintain the automated testing environments. • Contribute to the initial project design phase of a project(s), providing input on test plans, estimates, and test strategies for a project(s), working closely with clients and MST colleagues. • Possess and apply comprehensive knowledge of technical skills, principles, practices and procedures of automation testing methodologies and a solid record of planning, designing and conducting an automation review and inspection across multiple business subject areas and interdependencies. • Leverage expertise across the QA organization to lead enhancements for the automation process (including extensive experience coordinating with offshore QA teams) and raise the level of automation testing expertise in MST. • Oversee all aspects of automation testing including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met. • Develop strategies for improving test processes, recommend to management and deliver project assignments on time, within budget and with high quality. • Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions. • Serve as coach and mentor to junior automation engineers. Delegate tasks as appropriate. • Stays abreast of industry practices and process maturity models. • Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Recommend automation process improvements to management to provide operational efficiencies. • Estimate & propose project automation testing budget, tool and resources needs. • Commit to deliverables for scope of work with customers and/or management.
• Make modifications to automation jobs and schedules for jobs in non-production environments.
- Education/Experience: *
- * • B.S. in Computer Science and/or Engineering or equivalent combination of 10 years of related or similar experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. • 6 years of automation scripting with one or more of the following languages: Java/C#/VBScript or equivalent. • 6 years of experience using an industry standard source control management system. • 3 years of web services automation experience with JSON, XML, SOAP APIs or REST APIs. • 3 years of experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment and build tools (i.e. jUnit, Maven, Jenkins or equivalent) to build and/or maintain an automated test framework. • 4 years of experience using Agile software development life cycle, to include process development and implementation. • 3 years of experience with TDD/BDD; 2 years of experience with Cucumber. • Experience with structuring the automation testing plans on multiple projects and technology platforms, estimating schedules, resources and dependencies.
- Communication Skills: *
- * • Excellent written, verbal communication skills and and be able to communicate/interact effectively with all levels of management as well as in a diverse technical team; • Have the ability to interpret business and technical documents.
- Reasoning Ability: *
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to significant amounts of change in work assignments and priorities. • Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Physical Demands: *
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Involves the use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse. • May be a need to move or lift items under 10 pounds.
Work Hours: *
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Company Profile: *
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Johns Creek
Job: QA Testing
Req ID: MAC09330