Jewish Community Center Maccabi Games Communications Manager in Dunwoody, Georgia
The JCC Maccabi Games are an Olympic-style sporting competition held each summer in North America and are the second largest organized sports program for Jewish teenagers in the world.Since their inception in 1982, the Games have grown from a small pilot project in one host community to an annual event that welcomes thousands of competitors and fans to multiple sites nationwide.Today, more than 6,000 teens, ranging from 12-16 years of age, participate in the JCC Maccabi Games each summer, providing teens with a defining Jewish experience that they will remember for the rest of their lives.
During the JCC Maccabi Games, which span five days, athletes compete in a wide variety of sports such as baseball, basketball, soccer, flag football, track and field, volleyball, golf, table tennis, and swimming. The sports competitions are held in various sporting venues throughout the city.Each year, the Games are kicked off with Olympic-style Opening Ceremonies at a favorite hometown arena.One of the highlights of the week is JCC Cares, a day of community service where all teens come together to give back to their host city in a meaningful way.The intensive, hands-on, and meaningful experiences offered through the Games provide teens many, for the first time the opportunity to feel part of the greater Jewish people.
Job Summary:We are looking for a talented and creative professional to join the 2019 Maccabi Games team. The Communications Manager will be promoted through the full range of communications vehicles appropriate for its various audiences The Communications Manager will have the opportunity to employ traditional print and media broadcast vehicles, build websites and web interfaces, and manage relationships through social media.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help design and implement a Maccabi Games communications strategy
- Implement brand and identity for Maccabi Games and its application to all print and electronic communications.
- Coordinate the development of the Maccabi Games website or web portal and its content; maintain the site and links daily.
- Coordinate the design and production of all print and electronic communications including but not limited to advertisements, brochures, flyers, videos, newsletters, eblasts and more.
- Manage Maccabis social media presence through all selected vehicles, creating content and maintaining a consistent and constant presence.
- Facilitate the work of any public relations consultant or media specialists engaged by the Maccabi Games and prepare the Director for any interaction with the media.
- Support promotional efforts of community partners by providing logos, images, written content, etc., and getting sign offs as needed.
- Strong writing and oral communications skills with excellent attention to detail in all aspects of your work, especially in proofreading, editing, and approving materials for press.
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video).
- Familiarity with web design and publishing (WordPress).
- Proficiency with Adobe Cloud products including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator to create graphics as needed.
- Thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and ability to produce high-quality, polished documents in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Thorough knowledge of common web content management systems and all common and hands-on experience and proven record of using excellent judgment with social media for brand awareness and marketing.
- Attention to detail and proven ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated administrative skills, attention to detail and proven ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work collegially and creatively with peers.
- Able to take initiative as well as working independently in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Organized, detail-oriented and deadline driven.
- Committed to having fun while working hard.
- Creative with a desire to take initiative and suggest fresh ideas, as well as ability to follow established design protocols.
- Willingness to learn new systems and platforms as needed.
Experience and education required:
- Minimum of two years of full-time experience in a professional experience working in marketing and communications.
- Experience working with websites, social media platforms and working with a database.
- Undergraduate degree in communications, business, computers or a related field preferred.
- Understands SEO, Keyword Search, and Google Analytics.
- In-depth user-ability and knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Snap Chat, and Twitter.
- Relevant experience communicating with teen audiences preferred.
- Experience with Marketing automation/eblast tools such as MailChimp or similar a plus
- Interest in photography a plus.
- Basic graphic design skills are a plus.
The JCC Maccabi Communications Manager must be prepared to do whatever is necessary to help the Director and their staff, run a smooth and organized set of Games. Within the last several months of the program and during the program week itself, this will require considerable time above and beyond the normal 40-hour work week.The Communications Manager must be able to work with a wide variety of volunteers and staff; and to remain calm while working under pressure.
Impacting more than 55,000 people annually, the Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta is welcoming to people of all faiths, ages, and backgrounds. One hundred years ago, Jews with vastly fewer resources than today built a Jewish Community Center in Atlanta. With little more than their passion for a better life, they built a safe, secure, and vibrant community center for their families and for all of the Jewish Atlanta families who followed.
The MJCCA has always given the community a place to gather and connect with friends and family through meaningful programs and much-needed services. For 100 years, the MJCCA has turned everyday minutes into Jewish moments that are remembered for a lifetime.
Date Posted: 03/13/2018
Title: Maccabi Games Communications Manager
JCC: Marcus JCC of Atlanta
Location: Dunwoody, GA