MARKETSOURCE Product Specialist in Atlanta, Georgia
Product Specialist - West
MarketSource, Inc. is a premier provider of integrated sales \u0026amp; marketing solutions to Fortune 500 companies. We offer a dynamic environment that fosters creativity and provides unlimited opportunities for personal and professional growth.
The Product Specialist is a non-exempt role responsible for providing a high level guest experience within the retail location. The PS is responsible for product demonstration and sales of Husqvarna products with emphasis on the Automower. The PS will actively engage customers in a sales capacity in an effort to drive sales within the location. The PS is responsible for fostering and maintaining a positive working relationship within the retail location.
This is a full-time position designed to increase sales and relevance of Husqvarna products (Husqvarna Automower) through direct selling within retail locations.
• Work independently in the field utilizing specific product knowledge, subject matter expertise and independent judgement
• Will work with Lowe’s store operations on making sure the Husqvarna Automower is on the floor \u0026amp; merchandised correctly, as well as active customer engagement which includes direct selling
• Communicates with Leadership on any issues that need to be addressed/sales techniques that are working well
• Asks key questions to understand customer’s needs and helps them with product selection
• Understands the benefits of a product portfolio \u0026amp; the ability to explain the difference between the competition and the product being represented
• Travels within territory to assigned store location(s).
• Provide assisted selling \u0026amp; product demo’s for the Husqvarna Automower within the Outdoor Power Equipment area at Lowe’s.
• Proactively participates in regular training sessions provided to become and maintain your position as a subject matter expert in the product portfolio you support
• The Product Specialist is expected to foster and maintain effective relationships with associates/managers within their designated stores.
• Must possess the ability to work with a high level of autonomy, a self- motivated individual with a strong work ethic who can excel with limited supervision and/or instruction
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) required
• 1-2 years minimum experience in retail selling industry is preferred, but not mandatory.
• Experience working within Home Improvement as well as outdoor power equipment is preferred, but not mandatory.
• Relevant product knowledge
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
• Confidence engaging customers in a national retail environment
• Good technical knowledge of consumer based products
• Proven track record of being successful at attaining sales objectives
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Must have the willingness and ability to build relationships at the retail store level on behalf of both MarketSource and our client
• Friendly demeanor, easy to approach, energetic, goal oriented
• Group training, demonstrating or presentation experience
• Retail sale experience is a plus
• Ability to self-train on client product(s)
• Possess a high degree of initiative, exercises judgment and exhibits a high level of creativity
• Positive, flexible and focused, with an emphasis on a can do, hands on approach and philosophy
• Ability to operate independently and proactively
• Need to be self-motivated, confident and professional when dealing with both internal and external audiences such as consumers, clients, and retail partners as well as MarketSource Leadership
• Ability to understand basic sales reports
Additional Job Requirements:
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, walking, standing and moving items
• Requires the ability to move around the store, assist customers and maneuver merchandise when necessary
• Performs additional job duties as assigned
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds independently
MarketSource is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sales and Related