Carters/OshKosh Product Development & Sourcing Associate - SW in Atlanta, Georgia
Product Development & Sourcing Associate - SW
- Date Updated:April 16, 2018Job Level:Mid Career (2+ years)
- Job Type:Full-Time/RegularYears of Experience:2 - 5 Years
- Travel:Not SpecifiedLevel of Education:BA/BS
- Position ID:85329-264231
Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com , www.oshkoshbgosh.com , and www.cartersoshkosh.ca . The Company's Just One You and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop , a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com .
- Daily communication with both internal teams (Merchandising, Tech Design, Operations, Quality, Design, etc...) and external partners (agents & factories) to quickly clarify sampling needs, Quality standards and development policies/procedures.
- Lead the product development process for a product category, or designated categories, within a Strategic Business Unit including the development and approval of new trims, art techniques, and new fabrications.
- Assist with all aspects of costing for designated product categories; work with Merchandising to understand and anticipate customer needs, the cost and margin goals, and also recommend low-cost alternatives that uphold the integrity of the design
- Maintain accurate and timely records within designated enterprise technology systems; utilize data to analyze and report style development status and production concerns (eg. auditing system WIP Production dates to alert potential delays)
- Support Sales, Merchandising and Design by ordering, tracking and reporting Market & Sales Sample status. Attend sample review sessions to note design changes, identify development or quality concerns, and clearly communicate revisions to all parties via the PLM system
- Calculate and secure yardage for all required samples (proto, market, sales and design) and track delivery to the factory
- Tasked to order, track and review all inbound submits and samples (art punches, strike offs , fits, size sets, PP samples, etc…) within the needed timeframe to keep development and production on schedule; alert management, expedite and prioritize to maintain delivery dates
- Manage the product buying process for a product category; maintain cost records, and calculate cost adjustments and new shipment dates
- Communicate and monitor any special testing and sampling needs for specific customers (Costco, Sam's, Wal-Mart, etc...)
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the Time & Action (T&A) calendars to monitor seasonal progress and ensure that deadlines, specific to approvals and fabric commitments, are met; work with appropriate teams to expedite if running behind schedule
- Create and maintain Production Bill of Materials (BOMs) to meet the desired Design and Merchandising product aesthetics
- Support Product Development & Sourcing Management with data management as needed, including costing Request for Quotes (RFQs) and capacity management attributes required for enterprise technology reporting.
- Assist with the documentation, validation and reporting of liabilities, excess fabric disposal and sampling charge
- Basic understanding of Supplier Relationship Management; professional conduct and communication with global vendors and employees
- Potentially manage at least one direct report
- Ability to lead special projects such as performing competitor/internal product aesthetics and cost analysis
- Identify process improvements, document procedures and drive efficiencies and/or automation
- Basic understanding of, and the ability to develop, product sourcing strategies
Experience and Skills
- Intermediate understanding of apparel design, fabric qualities, printing techniques, and merchandising and product development activities
- Advanced grammar and communication skills; capable of interpreting and conveying international business concepts
- Intermediate skills using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc…)
- 3 to 5 years industry experience in either Textile and/or Apparel Manufacturing, Sourcing, Merchandising or Product Development
- Bachelors Degree or a minimum of 4 years of additional industry experience directly related to Apparel Sourcing or Product Development
- Potential for international travel, up to 10%
- Ability to lift small parcels weighing up to 30 lbs.
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Visit http://carters.submit4jobs.com/ today