Franklin Street Groundskeeper / Custodian Part Time - Station at Richmond Hill in Atlanta, Georgia
• Maintains the appearance of community’s grounds, common areas, models, and vacant apartments according to Franklin Street standards.
• Performs grounds keeping / landscaping duties which include but are not limited to:
o Picks up litter daily.
o Uses brooms, blowers, and other cleaning equipment to clean parking lots, areas around dumpsters, steps, stairs, balcony floors, common areas, club house, etc.
o Mows lawns.
o Maintains landscaping including weeding, trimming, edging, pest control, etc.
o Makes small repairs of broken sprinkler heads as needed.
o Ensures all lawn equipment is well-maintained makes small repairs to equipment, if required.
• Performs custodial duties which include but are not limited to:
o Cleans and performs “trash-outs” etc. to ensure vacant units are ready for occupancy.
o Performs daily cleaning and upkeep of the clubhouse, mailroom, pool area, laundry room, kitchen equipment, and any other common areas on the property.
o Responsible for the care, maintenance, and inventory of all pool furniture, supplies and equipment, etc. owned by the property and/or the management company.
o Replaces light bulbs in common areas, models, and vacant units.
o Pressure washes outer buildings, sidewalks, pool areas, etc. as needed.
• Assists Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager with other specified duties which includes but is not limited to:
o Paints – General and touch-up.
o Maintains a clean and orderly work shop.
o Delivers / posts fliers.
o Confirms appliances are operational.
o Replaces blinds.
o Assists with general preventative maintenance and basic repair tasks as assigned.
o Assists service team as needed with special projects.
• Customer service: Must be able to address the concerns and needs of our residents in a friendly and professional manner.
• Adheres to and complies with company safety policies and rules and wears personal protective equipment (PPE) as directed. Adheres to applicable OSHA safety standards.
• Maintains the required property uniform and ensuring a professional appearance at all times.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Must have average written and oral communication skills to be able to read, understand and follow directions in English.
• Must have mode of communication in which to be contacted at home and to respond, if needed, in cases of emergency.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Experience in commercial or residential cleaning and operation of cleaning equipment, and use of cleaning materials.
• Some experience in apartment maintenance preferred, some general residential repair and maintenance skills required.
• Experience in general plant and lawn maintenance and operation of lawn machinery required.
• Some specialized knowledge of plant care or horticulture training a plus.
• Must meet all job requirements and be able to take direction.
At Franklin Street, we achieve success with a collaborative company culture – hiring top professionals sharing our value for integrity, hard work, and accountability.
For more information on Franklin Street, please visit www.FranklinSt.com.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company sponsored philanthropy events.
Recent Awards Include:
Fast 100 Award honoring the fastest 100 Fastest Growing companies in the State of Florida
Fast 50 Award honoring the 50 Fastest Growing companies in Tampa Bay – Tampa Bay Business Journal – 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016
Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce – Small Business of the Year Finalist 2013
Tampa Bay Times – Best Places to Work Award 2013
Best Places to Work Award Finalist – Tampa Bay Business Journal 2012 & 2013
Real Estate Forum Magazine – cover feature 2016 “Best Bosses” edition – Andrew Wright, CEO
40 under 40 Award, Real Estate Forum Magazine - Andrew Wright, CEO
25 to Watch in 2015, Tampa Bay Business Journal – Andrew Wright, CEO
Satisfacts National Award Winner for Resident Feedback Performance – 2014
Top Volunteer Workplace 2014 – United Way Suncoast
Corporate Philanthropy Award Finalist – Tampa Bay Business Journal 2015, 2016