Marriott Event Services Manager (Non-Exempt) in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Date Mar 12, 2018
Job Number 18000MH8
Job Category Event Management
Location The Westin Peachtree Plaza, Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Assists in supervising team while personally assisting in the physical set up of the function rooms (e.g., tables, chairs, dance floors, podiums, etc.) and executing events based on requirements and standards. Assists in developing and directing team to provide consistent, high quality service. Communicates performance expectations and trains staff in processes. Monitors and controls financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Event Services Operations
• Ensures Red Coat program is in place in accordance with Catering Event Service minimum standard.
• Delegates tasks to ensure room sets are “on time” and meet Event Service Standards.
• Manages departmental inventories and assets including par levels and maintenance of equipment.
• Projects supply needs for the department (e.g., pads, pens, candy jars, bottled water/water pitchers).
• Ensures candy rotation on all meeting room sets (if applicable).
• Establishes consistent standards for regular meeting room sets and VIP meeting room sets.
• Conducts function room inspections prior to each function to ensure the room is set according to specifications.
• Maintains cleanliness and sanitation standards in all banquet operation areas.
• Coordinates routine maintenance to ensure a quality meeting facility.
• Acts as a liaison between Banquets, Event Planning, Event Delivery teams and the group contact throughout the event.
• Coordinates the necessary departments to maintain the meeting room standards.
• Reviews the Diary weekly to ensure space maximization.
• Ensures function rooms are set according to event documentation (Banquet Event Orders, resumes, etc.) and customer requirements.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Makes presence known to customer at all times.
• Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Sets service goals for event service supervisors and employees in order to achieve Event Planner satisfaction goals.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
• Conducts monthly department meetings with Event Service staff.
• Schedules employees to ensure shift coverage and meet business demands and productivity goals; critiques any variances.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.