Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Title Project Manager, Materials
Job ID Number 27061
Location Savannah, GA
Job Category General Management
Job Description Position Purpose:
Under general supervision, the Materials Project Manager is responsible for coordinating and quantifying the continuous improvement projects designed to improve efficiency by eliminating waste and creating value for our customers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Assist management and team members in establishing projects that align with the Continuous Improvement Objectives and vision of the department.
2) Develop project tasks, establish resources, and perform analysis of project costs.
3) Provide data analysis for projects return to department in dollars and/or customer service in an effort to assist management in prioritizing projects.
4) Allocate work and assist in controlling utilization of the resource pool to ensure compliance with project work plan.
5) Establish methods and/or track root causes and provide corrective analysis. Develop, track and close out action items.
6) Assist Materials Management in the support of a Distribution Requirements/Resource Planning strategy to determine/satisfy demands for inventory at global distribution centers by optimizing current and future enterprise resource planning applications.
7) Conduct weekly reviews as required with management regarding continuous improvement objective/project status. Maintain current, accurate records including bar charts, flow charts, and other tools to track manpower requirements, budget performance and status of project.
8) If project is to be accomplished by a vender, provide legal documentation to establish, append and follow-up with project scope of work. Validate invoices provided by vender.
1) Ensure high visibility of project measurements (i.e. PDCA, Dashboard or Metrics). Develop and provide metrics for inventory accuracy.
2) Perform other duties as assigned.
1) Certified Lean Specialist or Six Sigma Green Belt qualified preferred.
2) Must possess a working knowledge of statistical tools.
3) Must possess project/process management analysis and documentation skills.
4) Must possess computer literacy with enterprise planning tools.
5) Experience with Cognos reporting, Microsoft Office suite, iGrafx and/or Visio preferred.
6) Ability to implement problem solving skills or change initiatives at an enterprise level.
7) Ability to lead project teams and implement change.
See Experience/Education Requirements.
- Bachelors degree in related curriculum or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.Five (5) years related experience in project management or materials.
Apply Online Directly with Gulfstream