Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Principal Engineer - RF Antenna Systems
Principal Engineer - Airborne VSAT Antenna Systems
This is an exciting opportunity available within the Antenna Systems CoE!
Honeywell Aerospace is a $10B SBG (Strategic Business Group) with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing, and distributing advanced electronic systems, products, and services to commercial, defense and space industries.
We are seeking a Principal Engineer to provide Technical leadership and System Engineering for the development of high-performance communications broadband airborne VSAT antenna systems as a member of a Product Development team.
Responsibilities will include:
* Specification and system architecture complex RF and Antenna systems.
* Ability to perform architecture trade studies, topology selection, requirements allocation, and decomposition and definition.
* Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, concepts and techniques and Includes coordination with Antenna Engineers, RF Engineers, and Mechanical Engineers for Motion Positioning Systems. Candidate should have experience with link budgets analysis for SATCOM, COTM and C4ISR systems.
* Ability to work in a cross discipline, integrated product team environment.
* BSEE required.
* 10 years of applicable experience in product design and development for high reliability or military systems.
* 10 years of Systems Engineering experience including system requirements development, architecture design, and system verification and validation.
* 5 years of detailed design experience with one or more of the following disciplines; RF electronics, antenna systems, board level design of analog or mixed signal circuits, DSP systems, servo amplifier and control systems design.
* Must be US citizen with the ability to obtain a security clearance.
Additional Qualifications :
* MSEE Strongly desired.
* Good knowledge of FCC & ITU regulatory requirements as applied to VSAT communications system strongly desired
* Strong analytical and modeling abilities using Matlab and/or other programming languages, and proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
* Experience with mechanical packaging concepts, experience and knowledge of high reliability design considerations in airborne and space operating environments, and a working knowledge of electronics manufacturing processes.
* Knowledge of the specific FCC & ITU regulatory requirements and their application in a mobile environment for commercial satellite communications desired.
* Knowledge of integration of communication systems on aircraft strongly desired.
* Knowledge of closed loop and open loop antenna pointing mechanisms desired.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.