Toys'R'Us, Inc. Seasonal Warehouse Associate 2st shift in McDonough, Georgia
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Handles the unloading of all cartons, store returns, palletizes cartons for store shipments, loads trailers to maximize cube, sorts cartons, which includes feeding and manual breakdown.
· Open doors: Open and set dock and carrier doors to receive trailer, piggyback, containers or rail cars.
· Unload/Tally Merchandise: Unload trailers and keep accurate count of cartons received by vendor/SKN number.
· Label Cartons: Correctly label each carton or pallet with correct identification label.
· Verify Product: Operate VT/LRT terminals to assist in identification and receipt acknowledgment using keyboard/scanner.
· Build Pallet: When receiving, arrange and place cartons onto pallets to correct Ti x Hi specifications (pallet count). When picking, stack cartons on pallet up to a height of 6 ½ feet.
· Responsible for Properly Stacking and Cubing Pallet (Manual Distribution Center only): Lift cartons off tray/chute, and stack cartons on pallet up to a height of 7 ½ feet. Pallet must be properly squared.
· Shrink Wrap/Tape all Completed Pallets: Secure pallets with shrink wrap/tape to keep cartons from falling while merchandise is being transported.
· Feed Cartons onto Conveyor: Lift carton off pallet and place on appropriate power conveyor.
· Manually Push Cartons onto Store Chute: Push carton off conveyor onto a pre-numbered tray/chute or lift carton off conveyor and place on exception conveyor behind sorter position.
· Move Merchandise: Operate hand jacks and/or Material Handling Equipment (complete licensing) to remove merchandise to the next designated department.
· Seal Totes: Place tamper-proof tags on totes with security merchandise.
· Identify Splits: Identify an incoming merchandise pallet so that the radio frequency system or receiver can indicate the proper split.
· Split Full Pallets: Pick the quantity of items described on the terminal or receiver to the correct store pallet by moving the pallet with hand jack or power equipment across the staging rollers and placing the carton on the designated store pallet.
· Load Trailer: Move full pallets onto trailer using hand jack or pallet end rider. Un-stack cartons from pallet to trailer floor to ceiling, filling up the entire trailer.
· Top Load Merchandise: Hand stack merchandise on top of pallets to fill available space on trailer, up to 7 ½ feet high to ensure fully cubed trailer.
· Secure and Seal Trailer Doors: Open and close shipping and trailer doors, attaching a serial numbered seal and lock each trailer door.
· Record Shipping Documentation: Record seal, trailer, door, and store number onto shipping log.
· Clean: Maintain a clean and safe work area.
· Safe Procedures: Maintain safe work practices as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures.
· Loss Prevention: Responsible for taking steps to detect common signs of theft and other security issues involving co-workers and to promptly communicate potential problems to Distribution Center management.
· Performance: A receiver/breakdown/loader/stripper must learn and perform all essential functions accurately with minimal direct supervision within 3 weeks after employment.
· Other: Any other task or function assigned by a supervisor or member of management.
· Ability to read and understand the English language in order to interpret carton vendor markings to properly breakdown merchandise.
· Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, and multiplication, necessary for counting cartons and calculating specifications (pallet count).
· Ability to grasp, bend walk, lift and move cartons up to 50 pounds.
· Sufficient manual dexterity to be able to shrink wrap/tape a pallet from top to bottom by holding a cylinder of shrink wrap/tape and walking around a pallet up to a 6 foot height.
· Ability to safely operate all Material Handling Equipment (license required) including, but not limited to, the following:
o Pallet End rider
o Stand-up Forklift / Reach / Order Picker
o Sit-down Forklift (clamp)
· Ability to work in job functions in heights up to 35 feet.
· Ability to transport oneself throughout the entire Distribution Center.
During any shift when there is insufficient work in your assigned job function, Toys “R” Us may require you to perform a combination of other functions based upon the Distribution Center’s need. If you are unable to perform these other functions, you cannot be guaranteed employment during hours when the company has limited work in your assigned area.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Cannot be on any form of Formal or Final Counseling
· 6 months or more in your current position
· Must have good attendance record
· Must be able to work independently
· Bi-lingual a +plus.
Toys"R"Us is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, physical/mental disability, military status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Toys“R”Us recognizes that its team members are its greatest asset and is committed to developing high-performing, highly engaged and diverse talent. The company offers various employment opportunities, ranging from internships to top management positions at the company’s Global Resource Center in Wayne, New Jersey. In addition, job seekers can explore positions at Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us stores and distribution centers coast-to-coast.