Terracon Environmental Department Manager I in Lawrenceville, Georgia
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 3,500 employees in 130 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Supervise or monitor all projects in progress in the department to ensure that work is executed on time and in accordance with the client’s requirements and within company policies, procedures and standards. Supervise the preparation of proposals and cost estimates to clients to ensure proper scoping of services, availability of manpower and pricing to achieve desired profitability. Supervise the daily operations of a department including staff training, development, and performance review, utilization of equipment and facilities, safety oversight, quality of services and work product, timely delivery of services and deliverables, and adherence to policies and procedure. Plan for and participate in business development activities to identify, develop, win, and execute project opportunities and build and maintain client relationships.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Perform business and client development activities.
- Responsible for preparation of proposals and cost estimates with varying degrees of complexity.
- Directs and executes the short-range business development activities of all department personnel to ensure that adequate fees are available to support the manpower.
- Develop and manage employee staffing plans, recruitment, selection and on-boarding.
- Prepare and execute annual business plan for the department.
- Oversee and manage the success of the key department metrics of revenue growth, staff chargeability, project billing and collections, and project profitability.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices. Engage APRs on projects at their onset.
- Excellent writing, organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills required.
- Personable and able to communicate with people at all levels.
- Must be a self-starter, resourceful, and have the ability to work productively on multiple tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline practiced by the Firm including Engineering, Environmental Science or Geology and 10 years’ practice experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 9 years’ related experience.
- Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history. #LI-JR1
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Auto req ID: 6983BR
Posting Title: Environmental Department Manager I
Service Line: Environmental
No. of Positions: 1
Employment Type: Regular, Full Time
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
Experience Required: 5 Years or more
City State: Lawrenceville, GA