Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Inside Sales - Account Manager
Location: SAF - Duluth, GA
Job Code: 3394
# of openings: 12
Position Description: To increase sales and gross profit by establishing new customers and expanding business with existing customers through professional negotiation of pricing and utilization of proper sales skills, excellent customer service practices and accurate product knowledge over the telephone. The Account Manager title also refers to Senior Account Managers, Account Executives and Senior Account Executives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Attend comprehensive training programs gaining knowledge of products, product application and regulations, Company procedures, sales skills and utilization of Company software packages upon hire.
* Generate sales and gross margin in keeping with daily goals set forth by Management.
* Maintain phone time and call productivity as well as other measures required by the Company.
* To make and accept customer telephone calls and provide honest, sincere and courteous assistance to the customer’s needs regardless of assigned Account Manager. This includes necessary follow up to insure that the customer’s expectations are met, or exceeded.
* Provide written and verbal pricing quotes to customers in an organized, timely and professional manner.
* Maintain rolling account information as prescribed by the Company’s lead policy, to include contact information, pricing, record of samples sent, competitive information and other recent activity data needed to handle the account
* Maintain pertinent penetration data in Company computer systems. This data should include: employee size, contact information, annual spend information, mailing list components, etc.
* Utilize the software “SAP VCO1N” to schedule call planning and timeliness, making sure to maintain the Company minimum monthly contact with customers.
* Follow all written and verbal procedures as described in the Company’s Sales Procedures Manual.
* Attend all applicable Company training events to remain enlightened on product knowledge, competitive information, sales skills and new procedures. Also enhance these skills through self-study, meetings with management to review phone calls or target areas for improved performance.
* Handle all aspects of a customer’s questions and requests honestly and professionally.
* Meet goals and objectives set by and with management.
* Follow all policies as defined in the Company policy manual.
* Work with all Associates in a professional manner at all times.
* Perform any other duties that are assigned by Management to the best of the Associate’s ability.Education / Experience Requirements:
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
* Bachelors Degree a plus
* Working experience with direct customer contact / customer service preferred
* Basic computer knowledge such as Microsoft Office or SAP preferred
* Able to calculate figures and apply concepts of basic algebra in determining gross margin, gross profit %, actual to goal figures, and freight considerations.
* Safety products knowledge is helpful.
* High customer service standards.
* Effective verbal communication and rapport building skills.
* Well organized.
* Able to prioritize accurately and manage multiple tasks.
Continuous sitting while using the computer terminal and/or telephone; constant use of sight while reviewing documents; constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication. Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
Work is conducted in office environment with no unusual hazards. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.