Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Ready to deliver personalized, patient-centered care and build meaningful relationships with your patients and families? You’ll find the perfect home for your passion and talents at Golden LivingCenters. As one of the nation’s leading providers of skilled nursing care and inpatient and outpatient therapies, we’re dedicated to helping people live fuller, longer and more productive lives. Our Golden LivingCenters have won more AHCA/NCAL Quality Awards than any other post-acute healthcare provider. These awards are the nation’s highest for distinguished achievement in post-acute care, and they reflect the compassion, commitment and quality orientation of our caregivers. Join us! Together, we’re redefining the way care is delivered with an innovative, holistic approach that considers the ‘whole patient’ every time.
Job ID 9181BR
Location Augusta, GA
Job Location - Address 3618 J. Dewey Gray Circle
Job Posting Title MDS Coordinator/RNAC RN
Job Description Coordinates the development and completion of the resident assessment (MDS) in accordance with current federal and state rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the resident assessment, including Resident Assessment Protocols (RAP) analysis & care plan development
Job Advertisement As a RN Assessment Coordinator at Golden LivingCenters, you will ensure that our patients get the care they need and that we have the necessary resources to provide it. Your hard work and meaningful efforts will help us to continue providing the highest quality healthcare possible. You will have direct impact on the quality of care that our patients receive and will do what it takes to provide the highest quality care. Your outcome-focused work will leave you feeling empowered at the end of each day because you’ll know you’ve made a difference in the lives of our patients.
We are seeking qualified candidates who have experience in this field and are ready to go to any length to get our patients and facilities the support they need. That’s because you believe in our mission here at Golden LivingCenters. Ideal RN Assessment Coordinator candidates should also have:
Discipline - Select All That Apply Administration
Facility Support Services
* Registered Nurse with current, active license in state of practice
* Minimum two (2) years of clinical experience in a health care setting
* Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a long term care setting
* Prior experience as an MDS coordinator with demonstrated expertise.
* Basic understanding of computer technology, including email use.
* Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
* Clinical assessment skills at the level necessary to meet the job requirements.
* Knowledge of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long term care.
* Knowledge of Medicare regulations and coverage guidelines as related to skilled nursing.
* Knowledge of case mix guidelines as indicated by state specific reimbursement model.
* Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
* Proven written and oral communication skills.
* Proven decision making and analytical skill with ability to make independent decisions on a regular basis.
* Capable of researching new methods and principles to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information.
* Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with residents, families and other employees at all levels.
Keywords: Registered Nurse Assessment Coordinator, RNAC, Minimum Data Set, MDS Coordinator, MDS Nurse, MDS, Americal Association of Nurse Assessment Coordinators, Certified RNAC, Certified Registered Nurse Assessment Coordinator, Registered Nurse, RN, Clinical Reimbursement, Clinical Reimbursement Specialist, Long Term Care Experience, Long Term Care, LTC Nurse, Case Mix Management, RUGs.
Essential Job Functions
* Utilizes critical thinking skills to select the correct reason for assessment, Assessment Reference Date (ARD), reasons for assessment & participates in the minute management process. Ensures that the care/services provided are captured accurately & appropriate payment is received by the Medicare/Medicaid systems.
* Uses Company standards to manage the RAI process, including Concurrent Review & Point Right
* Assists in the development of a comprehensive resident assessment and care plan.
* Ensures the timely electronic submission of all Minimum Data Sets to the state data base, saves & reviews the state validation reports and ensures that appropriate follow-up action is taken.
* Facilitates the involvement of appropriate health professionals needed to improve or maintain the resident’s functional abilities at the highest practicable level.
* Creates an opportunity for family participation in the care planning process.
* Communicates with the IDT to ensure that they are knowledgeable of the RAI process and receive the appropriate training, as directed by their supervisor. Provides an overview of the RNAC role to new employees that are involved with the RAI process.
* Disseminates any new or updated materials involving the RAI process & trains the other interdisciplinary team (IDT) members as needed.
* Facilitates the Medicare Utilization meeting at least weekly & reviews the Managed Care costing tool with the IDT.
* Reviews MDSs for accuracy, analyzes QI/QM data in conjunction with the Director of Nursing Services to identify trends on a monthly basis.
* Weekly communication & review of residents with the Medicare Coverage & Utilization Unit (MCUU) & the Managed Care Unit.
* Participates in the Medicare Part A in house review on a monthly basis.
* Follows Company standard regarding weekly communication with the Business Office Manager/ Facility Business Office Coordinator (FBOC) on all information needed for billing related to Medicare, Managed Care, Medicaid & other insurance.
* Communicates with the Business Office Manager/FBOC and Executive Director on a regular basis regarding default days and unassigned days. Participates in the mid-month & end of month billing process.
* Collaborates in analyzing Medicare, Managed Care & CMI reports to identify trends & perform root cause analysis so the causal factors are identified. Communicates findings to the Executive Director and Clinical Reimbursement consultant.
* Serves on, participates in, and attends various other committees of the Living Center (e.g., Quality Assessment and Assurance) as required, and as directed by their supervisor.
* Understands, complies with and promotes all rules and regulations regarding residents’ rights; promotes positive relationships with residents, visitors and regulators. Demonstrates professionalism with communication style & dress.
* Must adhere to Company Code of Conduct and Business Ethics policy, including documentation and reporting responsibilities.
* Attend and participate in educational activities, in-service training, and staff meetings; assist in orientation and training other staff.
* Participate in Quality Improvement activities as assigned.
* Other duties as assigned or needed.
Employment Status Full - Time
Closing Statement Delivering the best possible care for our patients means building the best team. That’s why we’re committed to helping talented professionals like you achieve your professional goals on every level with:
* Management and clinical career ladders
* Ongoing education through Golden University
* Paid CEU and certification support
* Leadership training opportunities
* Company-paid training and certification
* Mentoring programs and moreWe are always seeking skilled professionals who are ready to take pride in their work and grow their expertise. We’ll reward your dedication with a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical insurance, retirement savings plans, paid time off and more. Join us and contribute your energy, experience and knowledge to redefining the future of care. Apply today!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to , age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status. Drug-Free Workplace.