Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Title Technical Engineer DBA
Auto req ID 13582BR
CBS Business Unit CBS Corporate
Department / Business Unit Enterprise Infrastructure Services
Location Georgia - Atlanta
The Technical Engineer,Database Administration is responsible for the administration and support of various database servers for both production and development environments. This also includes 24/7 on-call support for production systems.
* Installs, configures and tunes database servers. Maintains servers by monitoring and applying upgrades, patches etc to keep the software at currently supported levels.
* Designs and creates various generic utilities to assist DBA group in automation of database administration.
* Creates documentation for the Database environment.
* Handles and responds to user requests in a timely manner, adhering to change control processes.
* Participates as part of the Disaster Recovery Team for appropriate database systems
* Sets up Backup/Recovery procedures and implements these procedures on production and development servers.
* Provides 24/7 support for various database servers when on call. Responds in a timely manner to all alerts and assists related IS&T groups in debugging production issues.
* Under general direction of Manager, Database Administration performs standard database administrative tasks.
* Interacts with all levels of the organization, including senior members of the IT organization , the line of business and external vendors.
* Minimum three (3) yearsDBA experience in a fast-paced production environment for multiple platforms. Required Platforms include: Sybase, SQL Server, SQL IQ or Oracle.
* Solid Working Knowledge of Unix
* Familiarity with tools – DBArtisan, BMC SQL Backtrack, Bradmark Surveillence, Replication, ETL Tools, BCP, FTP
* Some scriptong skills in PHP and shell
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills for client interaction and documentation.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively
* Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
* Excel in a fast paced and dynamic environment
* Ability to work well under pressure while keeping a professional demeanor
* Must have strong interpersonal and organization skills and be able to communicate clearly with all levels of the business including, technical management, customers and/or external vendors.
* Able to work extended hours on occasion, travel, and be available to accept and work problem calls outside normal tour hours as directed by management
* Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience.
Minimum Education Level Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
Job Status Full Time