Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Marketing & Design Intern - Southeast Division Office
Location: Atlanta District
City Search: GA - Tucker
Job Code: 3584
# of openings: 1
Marketing & Design Summer Internship
This PAID internship offers corporate-level experience in wholesale/retail marketing with a focus on residential design professionals. The opportunity may lead to continued career opportunities in marketing, sales, operations management, and/or retail management. You will work under an NCIDQ certified professional and learn basic marketing department operations, management skills, and key business knowledge. You will also be exposed to a variety of Sherwin-Williams professionals within our division office and in the field via conferences, tradeshows, paint stores, and/or ride-alongs. Internship Dates: June 3, 2013 to August 5, 2013.
You will be tasked with one or more of the following major projects:
* Exploring and defining the Residential Design Professional customer in the Southeastern Division and presenting research upon completion of internship
* Updating the designer marketing training presentation and materials
* Interviewing select Districts with regard to Designer Marketing
* Surveying select designers on preferences
* Based on thorough research, provide recommendations for best practices marketing to designers
* Assisting with the development and implementation of a division-level designer campaign
* Additional responsibilities shall include designer database maintenance and other tasks and projects as assigned.
To be considered for this internship, you should be a current college Junior or Senior, currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree. Candidates graduating between August 2013 and May 2014 preferred. Candidates pursuing a course of study in interior design, graphic design, marketing, or communication preferred. Candidates should have demonstrated leadership ability and some related work experience in marketing and/or design. Bilingual candidates welcome.
* Must have a valid Driver’s License
* Must be enrolled in an accredited four year college or university, currently pursuing a bachelors degree (preferred graduation dates: August 2013 to May 2014)
* Must submit to a background screening which may include driving, credit, and criminal history
* Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
* Must be willing to work all scheduled hours which may include evening and weekends, with or without reasonable accommodation. Must be available to work 28 hours per week.
The Sherwin-Williams Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other consideration made unlawful by Federal, State, or Local Laws.