Newell Brands Manager, Strategy & Analytics in Atlanta, Georgia
Reference Code: 1704083
Position Title: Manager, Strategy & Analytics
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports To: Director, Strategy & Analytics
The Strategy and Analytics team works directly for the President of Newell Brands. Its aim is to provide impartial analysis of pressing business issues, both operational, such as performance review of a business unit, and strategic, such as informing corporate strategy or resource allocation.
The team is responsible for delivering insightful analysis about the categories in which we compete, the company itself, its consumers and its competitors. In addition, the team is involved in business integration analysis post any M&A activity, for example providing leadership with a view of category combinations and potential revenue or cost synergies.
A role on the team is unique in providing the opportunity to work across the entire brand portfolio, as well as deep dive into the dynamics of the categories or geographies that give rise to our major corporate issues, challenges, and opportunities. The team also works with several third-party contacts and partners, therefore providing both an external perspective on the company and the opportunity to experience working within diverse cross functional teams internally.
The Manager, Strategy & Analytics will lead a small team in our Atlanta office and have exposure to the executive committee and several vice-presidents. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on initiatives of importance to the corporation. Due to the nature of the team’s work, every day is different but deadlines can be challenging. The right person for the role will be comfortable with ambiguity, who is a self-starter with a natural curiosity for data and excellent attention to detail.
Analysis Integration Support
• Provides a combined view of Newell Brands, including acquisitions, to include financials, customer and geographic analysis, POS metrics and market landscapes
• Helps to refine a view of combinations and potential revenue and cost synergies between Newell Brands and its acquisitions
• Provides early views of market landscape to help inform resource and investment decisions
• Works with a range of data (industry reports, analyst reports, financial, POS, market data) to coherently answer senior management’s questions and proactively suggest opportunities
• Provides ad-hoc analysis to support executive decision making and solve key business issues
• Helps support reviews of potential future M&A activity
Industry, Category and Market Landscape Analysis and Modeling
• Helps to create a database of industry, competition and key facts
• Assists with industry mapping and modeling
• Helps with analysis of competition including sales and supply footprint, item analytics etc.
• Creates scenario models against revenue, share and profit
• Drives profit pool analytics by category
Organization Role and Structure and Talent Management:
• Leads a small team of analysts and associate managers
• Sets performance objectives and provides feedback based on the company’s performance management program
• Collaborates with cross functional peers, particularly in finance, marketing and sales
• Communicates effectively with senior leadership
• 5-7 years of experience in an analysis role with a CPG company or syndicated market data provider is preferable
• Four-year college degree
• Experience of managing a small team
• Self-starter with natural curiosity
• Highly numerate with sharp attention to detail
• Expert in Microsoft office – Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to discover and effectively communicate insights that lead to actionable recommendations
• Comfortable working with financial, POS and market data
• Inquisitive with a passion for answering complex business questions using internal and externally sourced data
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.