Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Manager Finance- COGS (76999)
GA - Atlanta
POSITION PURPOSE -
In this position, the Manager of Finance will be responsible for driving cost reductions activities in support of our merchandising organization. This includes providing analytics and insights into our goods for resale cost, understanding and communication negotiation strategies, and providing analytical and bid support throughout. .
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
* Strategic Analysis/Problem Solving - Works to fully understand business; identify and implement process and organizational improvements. Plans and ensures execution of department objectives.
* Project Management- Develops and supports a strategic alliance with business partners. Participates in cross-functional activities focused on solving business issues and enhancing our competitive advantage.
* Cost Negotiations- Partner with Sourcing Office, Merchandising teams, Engineering, and Finance to devise negotiation plans and execute on cost out strategies
* Vendor Analysis Understand the manufacturing process and the market dynamics to effectively devise and communicate cost out opportunities
NATURE AND SCOPE -
* Typically reports to a Sr. Manager level
* This position has no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
* Must be eighteen years of age
* Must pass the Drug Test
* Must pass the Background Check
* Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
EDUCATION REQUIRED -
* The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 5
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
* Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES -
* Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning & resource allocation.
* Project management skills; ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively.
* Judgment and decision-making skills; considering relative costs, benefits of potential actions.
Date Posted: Jan 4, 2013
Functional Area: Finance/Acctng/Treasury/Investor Relatio
Company: The Home Depot
Position Type: Full-Time
Relocation Provided: No