Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Asset Protection Business Analyst (77641)
GA - Atlanta
POSITION PURPOSE -
The Loss Prevention Business Analyst is responsible for identifying, distinguishing and analyzing multiple components of a problem and providing conclusions using high-level quantitative skills. Responsibilities include reviewing sales, operational and financial data, identifying trends, scanning business / industry trends and interpreting complex information. Loss Prevention Business Analysts typically take direction from Loss Prevention Managers, work cross-functionally and collaborate on assigned projects. Strong communication skills and cross-functionally partnering with all Loss Prevention teams and others throughout Home Depot is critical for the success of a Loss Prevention Business Analyst.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
* Use quantitative skills to help drive projects and bring value to our Share holders.
* Able to identify, distinguish and analyze multiple components of a problem, and then make conclusions.
* Use strategic thinking to see the big picture, determine the problem and understand fundamental parts of the problem.
* Prepare and deliver insights and recommendations based on analyses.
* Review sales, operational and financial data (i.e. data process modeling / analysis of problems, regression analysis).
* Identify trends in merchandise lifecycle and conduct customer focus groups and analyze / synthesize findings.
* Interpret data based on specific knowledge of statistics and procedures used.
* Provide input on forecasting based on knowledge of product and technology.
* Provide input on strategy based on knowledge of industry and technology trends.
* Provide customers with specialized information from a variety of resources.
* Facilitate problem-solving sessions with multiple groups of people.
* Synthesize findings from analysis and make verbal / written recommendations to upper management.
* Ability to draw conclusions from store and customer data.
NATURE AND SCOPE -
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
* Due to forklifts and other heavy equipment traveling through the store, temporary cracks may appear in the floor, causing an uneven walking surface
* The warehouse environment can be dusty and noisy
Doors are frequently open, causing drafts and interior temperature changes
* Floors around work area may become slippery during wet weather conditions
* May have to handle merchandise and work with tools with sharp edges
* Passing forklifts emit gas fumes
Tools, supplies and related merchandise may contain hazardous materials
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS -
* Must be eighteen years of age
* Must pass the Drug Test
* Must pass the Background Check
* Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
EDUCATION REQUIRED -
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE -
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS -
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
* Bachelor’s degree preferred
* Thorough analytical and statistical skills preferred
* Excellent customer service resolution skills
* Knowledge of retail operations, including: Front End, Returns, Inventory Management, Special Orders, Receiving, RTV, and Markdowns
* Ability to interpret project documents and requirements and recommend, develop and implement strategies to mitigate losses
* Advanced skill level with Windows based systems, including: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, MS Project, Visio
* Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
* Quantitative analysis skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES -
* Delivers Results: Sets challenging objectives and communicates clear expectations; demonstrates a clear bias for action and a sense of urgency on priorities; takes ownership of success/failures of initiatives and processes.
* Acts Strategically: Understands and uses financial indicators/metrics to measure the performance of his/her business unit/function and the business as a whole; plans strategically to create growth, improve financial performance, and gain competitive advantage.
* Drives Excellence: Sets and communicates high standards for achievement; holds Associates accountable for performance; uses sound judgement and makes good decisions in a timely manner.
* Excels in Customer Service: Treats internal customers (Home Depot Associates) with the highest level of responsiveness; listens to what Associates have to say and values what they know about The Home Depot.
* Inspires Achievement: Passionate about The Home Depot and his/her role in the business; energizes Associates about the future and their role in the success of the business.
Lives Integrity: Demonstrates behaviors and work styles that are consistent with The Home Depot values; stands up for what is right in the face of opposition at any level; makes decisions based on accurate information; is always honest and trustworthy.
* Builds Relationships: Forms and maintains effective partnerships across organizational boundaries to share information, improve decision making and leverage capabilities; generates a welcoming environment for all customers, associates and business partners.
* Creates Inclusion: Champions the value of each individual' s contribution, knowledge, skills and abilities; seeks out and uses diverse inputs and contributions to ensure a quality outcome.
Date Posted: Feb 8, 2013
Functional Area: Operations
Company: The Home Depot
Position Type: Full-Time
Relocation Provided: No