MWH Environmental Technician in Alpharetta, Georgia
MHW, now part of Stantec, is currently looking to add an Environmental Technician to support our Alpharetta, Georgia office location. The person filling this position will perform routine maintenance and operation of groundwater remediation and treatment systems in the Southeastern US. The position requires an independent individual with mechanical aptitude, environmental sampling experience, and trouble-shooting skills for optimization of groundwater treatment systems.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Routine completion of remediation system operation data sheets and transmitting these data sheets (scan and e-mail) to the Alpharetta, GA office
• Trouble-shooting, repairing, cleaning and optimizing operation of groundwater treatment systems
• Routine gauging and sampling of groundwater monitoring wells using US EPA protocol including accurate completion of labeling and chain-of-custody forms, and packaging samples for shipment
• 70% to 80% travel through the Southeastern US (Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee) with company reimbursement of business expenses.
Required Qualifications & Skills
• High School diploma or equivalent is required; college degree vocational, trade school or former military experience a plus
• Ability to pass a background security check
• Valid US driver’s license and good driving record
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and professionalism
• Ability to work autonomously with limited oversight
Environmental Science, Environmental Services, Field Work
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
• Mechanical skills or aptitude is desired; knowledge of mechanical systems, small motors, air compressors, blowers, piping systems, and hand tools
• Experience performing equipment maintenance as well as using and trouble-shooting electronic field instruments
• Able to consistently record clear, detailed field notes, and have very good to excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work independently to successfully complete fieldwork (sampling, equipment maintenance/repair, or other activities)
• After a minimum of 4 weeks of training be able to independently identify equipment materials and supplies needed for sampling events or other routine fieldwork; able to order field equipment from vendors and suppliers at costs within the specified budget
• Interface in a positive manner with staff or senior engineers, geologists, and project managers
• Intermediate experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• 40 hour OSHA HAZWOPER training
• Experience with AutoCAD a plus
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World .
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):